6 Tech Tools for Business
Every good business owner needs an arsenal of tech at the ready. If you’re not prepared to handle a server going down, or managing your brand then it’s time you brush up on the essentials. In this podcast below we interviewed Dan Soschin, AVP of Interactive Marketing at American Public University System, on the tools that help him stay afloat with his work. Whether it’s sharing files, managing your contacts, or setting reminders, Dan covers the spectrum of must-haves for a business owner and professional.
Blogging is increasingly becoming the most popular way to go viral with information, research, and ideas all through the means of digital copy. Content authors need to understand both the basics of blogging as well as the more advanced nuances of writing for the web.
- Understand the essential goal and direction for your blog; refer to personal branding
- Learn the rules of writing for the web and how to attract an audience
- Understand the process for engaging with your content community
Land an Interview by Using LinkedIn
Join social media speaker and blogger, Dan Soschin, and APUS career coach and professional development guru, Cathy Francois, as they share best practices for creating and managing your presence on LinkedIn.
- Tips for creating a professional profile on LinkedIn
- How to get your profile noticed
- Case study: getting an interview
- Professional networking advice on LinkedIn
NAEP and APU Webinar – Part 3: Leveraging LinkedIn to Land Your Next Job
Our tech-savvy panel will cover the ins-and-outs of how job hunters and employers utilize social media and how you can leverage LinkedIn to network your way to your next job. Topics to be covered include:
- Strategies for job hunting
- Importance of networking
- Social media best practices
- Job boards and social media sites
- How social media can help or hurt your search
- Participation in associations, chapters and communities
- Virtual internships
- Managing your personal brand
Get Smart! Make Better Social Media Decisions through Analytics
Social media blogger, Dan Soschin, speaks about how you can start measuring your social media campaigns more effectively using free analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and case studies. Dan also covers the importance of understanding your business objectives, calculating EMV (equivalent media value), decoding Facebook EdgeRank and how to evangelize your successes when working with c-level executives.
The Value of a Like – Social Media Week 2012 (3 Parts)
Hear from Dan Soschin at American Public University System on the ROI of Social Media.
Creating a Professional Profile on LinkedIn
Blogging 101 – The Basics
Everything you need to know in regards to getting started with your own blog.
Everything you need to know about getting started with YouTube.
A MarketingProfs PRO subscription is required.